You will receive details on how to access the course after registering
$100 discount available to dairy producers in, PA (Sign up by Jan. 4 to receive discount)
The United States has the second largest Spanish-speaking population in the world, and 80% of the agricultural workforce in the U.S. speak Spanish. If you’re interested in building your language skills to help enhance communication within your team and the dairy industry at large, sign up for an eight-week Spanish course this winter. Titled “Farm Spanish Basics” and led by lifelong dairy farmer Katie Dotterer-Pyle, the Center for Dairy Excellence is offering a $100 discount for Pennsylvania dairy producers who sign up for the course being held on January 12 – March 4, 2021.
When you fill out the form below and submit payment, you’ll receive access to 16 online, interactive classes for a total of $225 — which includes the $100 discount.
Learn more about the course and sign up today!
About the Course:
When: January 12 – March 4, 2021
Live Class Time: 5-6 p.m. EST
Cost: $225 for PA dairy producers, which includes a $100 discount from the Center for Dairy Excellence
How to Sign Up: Fill out the form below and submit payment. You will be signed up for the winter course and will receive details on how to access the course after registering. You must register by January 4, 2021 to receive the discount. Not a Pennsylvania dairy producer? You can register for the course here.
- 100% online with live but recorded classes so you can tune in when it’s convenient for you
- 8 weeks (16 total classes)
- Two, one-hour live classes per week
- Classes are interactive with in-class work and participation
- Homework is assigned for reinforcement of the material
- The course starts with the basics then builds to include specific dairy vocabulary (Example: There are two white buckets by the door: Hay dos cubetas blancas cerca de la puerta.)
- Students will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course after final assessment is submitted
About the Instructor, Katie Dotterer-Pyle:
- Lifelong dairy farmer
- Bachelors in Secondary Education, Spanish
- Spanish teacher in middle and high School for 4+ years
- Developed curriculum and instructed online course for the dairy industry for two years
- ESL- English as a Second Language certified (it helps to know where a non-native English speaker comes from)
- Study abroad experience in Panama
- 2008 Employer of the Year (Dotterer Dairy) from The PA Department of Education Migrant Education Program