2301 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Center for Dairy Excellence
- Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2020
- Time: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Dial (978) 990-5000 via free conference call.
- Enter Access Code 553371, followed by the # sign, when prompted.
- You will automatically be entered into the conference call
- How to submit questions in advance: Text/call 717-585-0766 to send your questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approximately 400 dairy farmers and industry professionals participated in our first dairy industry conference call to address their questions and concerns about how COVID-19 is affecting the industry. Due to the high volume of questions, a second conference call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
Dairy farmers are encouraged to submit questions and concerns about their direct experiences on the farm during COVID-19. A panel of industry representatives will address these concerns and share key updates on resources and support available at the state and national level.
Panelists for the April 14 call include Secretary Russell Redding, Deputy Secretary Greg Hostetter, Kevin Peter (PA Association of Milk Dealers), Claudia Larson (National Milk Producers Federation), Paul Bleiberg (National Milk Producers Federation), and Walt Moore (Walmoore Farms).
The following topics will be covered on the April 14 conference call:
- Milk market response to COVID-19
- State and federal government response
- Small business funding opportunities, including the CARES Act and Payroll Protection Program
- Steps to protect your farm during COVID-19
- A farmer’s perspective on the value of a contingency plan and how it helps
To ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible, questions must be submitted in advance of the call. Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit questions or email email@example.com.
As the dairy industry works to navigate COVID-19, the Center for Dairy Excellence is offering additional resources for dairy farms, including help in creating contingency plans.