The application period is now closed. Stay tuned for future funding announcements. This is a competitive grant for Pennsylvania dairy farms only, and limited grants are available. Recipients will receive committee approval before grant awards will be made.
Are you looking to improve cow comfort, milk production per cow, or efficiency on your dairy? The Center for Dairy Excellence leverages funds provided through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide Dairy Excellence Grants to support improvement projects on the farm. If you are approved for the grant, you will receive a 50 percent match, up to a maximum matching level of $5,000.
About the Grant and How to Apply
To participate in the Dairy Excellence Grant program, farms must complete an application. A $100 application fee is required but will be reimbursed if your application is not accepted. This grant is for Pennsylvania dairy farms only.
Projects can include anything related to improving dairy farm efficiency, cow comfort, milking facilities, housing facilities, or feeding systems. The project should focus on improving milk production per cow and/or enhancing overall farm profitability and efficiency.
A few ideas of improvements include:
- Fans, sprinklers or misters in free stall or tie stall barn
- Curtains or other ventilation improvements
- Mattresses or construction to move to deep bedded sand stalls
- Variable speed pulsation
- Cow brush or foot bath installation
As part of the application, you will be required to:
- Know your cost of production
- Be compliant with the National FARM Program or a similar program
- Have a Conservation and Nutrient Management Plan in place
- List two consultants/advisors who work with your farm (ex. nutritionist, accountant, veterinarian, etc.)
- Explain how the improvement will help your overall operation and aid in milk production per cow, efficiency and/or cow comfort
For more information, contact Melissa Anderson at 717-636-0779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.