About the Program
The Center for Dairy Excellence has grants available to reimburse costs associated with COVID-19 personal protection equipment and social distancing measures. The grants are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to Pennsylvania dairy processors, milk hauling companies, and dairy farms. Funding for these grants is made possible through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Applications must be submitted by June 24, 2020. Fill out the form below to apply.
- Up to $1,000 for individual dairy farms
- Up to $2,000 for milk hauling companies
- Up to $4,000 for commercial dairy processors procuring milk from three or more farms
The grant must be used for personal protection equipment costs or social distancing signage purchased between March 1 and June 24, 2020. Purchases that are eligible for reimbursement through the grant program include:
- Bilingual training materials on social distancing and hand-washing
- Printing costs associated with posters and other signage related to COVID-19 measures
- COVID-19 preventative and surveillance tools, such as thermometers
- Sanitation and cleaning materials, such as hand sanitizer and cleaning products
- PPE equipment, including masks, coveralls, gloves, and face shields, or costs associated with supplies to make PPE equipment, such as masks
Application & Reimbursement Process
- After submitting an application, individuals will receive an email within one week regarding the approval of the grant request.
- A reimbursement form will be provided, and receipts for purchases made between March 1 and June 24 must be submitted by June 30.
- Grant reimbursement requests will be processed within four weeks of receipt.