You will receive details on how to access the course after registering
$100 discount available to dairy producers in, PA (Sign up by January 11 to receive discount)
The United States has the second largest Spanish-speaking population in the world, and 80% of the agricultural workforce in the U.S. speak Spanish. If you’re interested in building your language skills to help enhance communication within your team and the dairy industry at large, sign up for an eight-week Spanish course this winter. Titled “Farm Spanish Basics” and led by Katie Dotterer, the Center for Dairy Excellence is offering another round of $100 discounts for Pennsylvania dairy producers who sign up for the course being held on January 18 – March 10, 2022.
When you fill out the form below and submit payment, you’ll receive access to 16 online, interactive, beginner’s classes for a total of $350 — which includes the $100 discount. You can choose from the beginner or intermediate course.
“I took Katie’s Spanish Beginner’s class along with four of my farm’s team members. We all had varying levels of Spanish comprehension going into the class. I would strongly encourage any person planning to work on a larger dairy farm or currently working on a dairy farm with native Spanish-speaking staff to take Katie’s class. She tailors the class to help you understand the basics of the language and specific vocabulary centered around dairy farms that we use every day. Her format and passion for teaching Spanish and making connections to dairy farming is infectious! During the live part, she encourages participation and questions which makes the learning experience even better.” –Walt Moore, Dairy Farm Owner, West Grove, Pa.
Learn more about the course and sign up below!
About the Course:
When: January 18 – March 10, 2022
Live Class Time:
- Beginner’s Course: 4:30- 5:30 p.m. EST on Tuesdays and Thursdays from January 18 – March 10, 2022
- Intermediate Course: 6-7 p.m. EST on Tuesdays and Thursdays from January 18 – March 10, 2022
The beginner’s course is $350 for PA dairy producers, which includes a $100 discount from the Center for Dairy Excellence. The intermediate course is also $350 for PA dairy producers, which includes the $100 discount.
How to Sign Up: Fill out the form below to register. You will receive details on how to access the course in January.
- 100% online with live but recorded classes so you can tune in when it’s convenient for you
- 8 weeks (16 total classes)
- Two, one-hour live classes per week
- Classes are interactive with in-class work and participation
- Homework is assigned for reinforcement of the material
- The course starts with the basics then builds to include specific dairy vocabulary (Example: There are two white buckets by the door: Hay dos cubetas blancas cerca de la puerta.)
- Students will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course after final assessment is submitted
About the Instructor, Katie Dotterer:
- Lifelong dairy farmer
- Bachelors in Secondary Education, Spanish
- Spanish teacher in middle and high School for 4+ years
- Developed curriculum and instructed online course for the dairy industry for two years
- ESL- English as a Second Language certified (it helps to know where a non-native English speaker comes from)
- Study abroad experience in Panama
- 2008 Employer of the Year (Dotterer Dairy) from The PA Department of Education Migrant Education Program