The Regional Meetings Will Be Held in Six Locations Throughout November
The Center for Dairy Excellence is hosting six roundtable meetings across Pennsylvania this November. Specifically designed for dairy producers, the roundtable discussions will provide an overview of new risk management programs available to mitigate financial loss. Dairy producers will also learn about tools available to help manage the uncertainty in the marketplace and calculate their cost of production.
“To be truly successful and profitable over the long term, it’s essential for dairy producers to understand their cost of production,” said Zach Myers, Risk Education Program Manager at the Center for Dairy Excellence. “When you understand your cost of production, especially in a changing marketplace, it provides valuable data and measures you can monitor when your business is faced with challenges or holdups.”
Representatives from the Center and Penn State Extension’s Dairy Team will explain the steps involved in developing a risk management plan and calculating cost of production. In addition, producers will have opportunities to ask questions about current market dynamics and their impact on Pennsylvania dairy farms.
All roundtable meetings are free and will include a meal followed by discussion. Advanced registration is encouraged.
Dairy Producer Roundtable Meetings will be held on the following dates at several different locations:
- New Holland— Friday, November 1 at 8 a.m., Yoder’s (14 S. Tower Road New Holland, PA 17557)
- Lewisburg— Thursday, November 7 at 9 a.m., Ag Choice Farm Credit (450 International Drive, Lewisburg, PA 17837)
- Mansfield— Thursday, November 7 at 1 p.m., Lamb’s Creek Food and Spirits (200 Gateway Drive, Mansfield, PA 16933)
- Martinsburg— Tuesday, November 12 at 9 a.m., The Bistro at the Village Green (403 Village Way, Martinsburg, PA 16662)
- Grove City— Tuesday, November 12 at 1:30 p.m., Hoss’s Steak and Sea House (1948 Leesburg Grove City Rd., Grove City, PA 16127)
- Chambersburg— Friday, November 15 at 12 p.m., Hoss’s Steak and Sea House (20 Falling Spring Road, Chambersburg, PA 17201)