With many schools transitioning to virtual learning to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Dairy Excellence Foundation’s Discover Dairy program is committed to providing free digital resources and curriculum to help educators during this time.
Discover Dairy will be launching a virtual learning library this week with digital lessons and resources to supplement your virtual lesson planning. If you’re looking for a specific lesson or resource, please email Brittany Snyder or call 717-346-0849 and we can help you find virtual educational resources that will work for your classroom.
We encourage you to take advantage of additional instructional resources provided by the National Dairy Council:
- A World Well Nourished: Dairy’s Role in Health and Sustainable Food Systems
- Dairy DYK: Your Top Questions Answered
- Get Cultured on Fermented Dairy Foods
- Fat or Fiction: The Science of Whole Milk Dairy Foods Within Healthy Eating Patterns
- Diabetes and Dairy: Research, Recommendations and Real World
- Power of Protein: Quality & Quantity in Healthy Eating Patterns
Resources, Infographics and Videos
- Dairy as a Driver of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Dairy’s Role in Addressing the Triple Burden of Malnutrition
- Honor the Harvest. From Farm to Table and Back Again
- Honor the Harvest. Nourish People. Be a Food Waste Warrior
- The Udder Truth on Antibiotics, Big Farms and Animal Care (Videos)
- Virtual Farm Tours by American Dairy Association Northeast
Dairy Nutrition 101
- Dairy Foods Key for Supporting Health
- A Nutrient Powerhouse
- What Do Milk Fat Percentages Mean?
- Think Your Drink How Milk Compares to Other Beverages