Dairy Producers Can Ask Questions and Address Concerns About Recent Industry Updates
As COVID-19 continues to impact the dairy industry, dairy producers and industry professionals are invited to join a fourth dairy industry conference call on Thursday, May 7 from 12 to 1 p.m. Dairy farmers will be able to ask questions and address concerns about stimulus payments, nutrition strategies for reduced milk production, stress on the farm, and more.
The following panelists will join the May 7 conference call:
- Cynthia Walters, Farm Service Agency Dairy Program Specialist. Walters will answer questions about the initial details releasedregarding direct payments to agriculture producers through the $19 billion Coronavirus Food Assistance (CFAP) stimulus package.
- Rob Barley, Pennsylvania Milk Marketing Board Chair. Barley will answer questions about the Board’s recent emergency order to increase the over-order premium for May and June 2020. He will explain what the Class I floor price of $15.00 means and how this will work with the existing over-order premium.
- Jud Heinrichs, Professor of Dairy Science at The Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Heinrichs will share nutrition strategies for reducing milk production and answer producers’ questions about what might work best for their farms and the future of their businesses.
- John Noullet, Mental Health Care Educator at Philhaven. Noullet will share strategies for coping with stress on the farm caused by COVID-19 and how to support family and community members who may be struggling with mental health.
In addition to these panelists, Deputy Secretary Greg Hostetter from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and Mike Hosterman from AgChoice Farm Credit will be on the call to assist with questions about the government’s ongoing response and Small Business Administration disaster relief loans.
To ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible, questions must be submitted in advance of the call. Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about how to join the conference call:
- Date: Thursday, May 7, 2020
- Time: 12 to 1 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Dial (978) 990-5000 via free conference call.
- Enter Access Code 553371, followed by the # sign, when prompted.
- You will automatically be entered into the conference call. You will automatically be muted when you join.
- How to submit questions in advance: Text/call 717-585-0766 to send your questions or email email@example.com.
As the dairy industry works to navigate COVID-19, the Center for Dairy Excellence is offering additional resources for dairy farms, including help in creating contingency plans.