Panelists Will Share Updates on the Second Round of the CFAP Program and Other COVID-19 Issues
Dairy producers and industry professionals are invited to join the Center for Dairy Excellence’s next dairy industry conference call on Tuesday, October 6 from 12 to 1 p.m. With details recently released about the second round of the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) and direct payments to dairy farmers, panelists will answer questions about the application process, eligibility requirements, estimated payments based on herd size, and more.
Dairy farmers will also be able to ask panelists questions about other COVID-19 related issues, including the Payroll Protection Program forgiveness process and the Pennsylvania Dairy CARES Program payment process.
The following panelists will join the conference call on October 6:
- Cynthia Walters, Pennsylvania Dairy Program Director, USDA. Walters will answer questions about CFAP Round 2, direct payment details specific to dairy, sign-up period details, documents needed with applications, eligibility requirements, and how payments are determined.
- Zach Myers, Center for Dairy Excellence. Myers will share what CFAP payments are expected to look like based on herd size. He will also answer questions about payment scenarios for different sized dairy producers and how to navigate the payment process online.
- Mike Hosterman, AgChoice Farm Credit. Hosterman will answer questions about the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) forgiveness process and share pointers on how to complete the required paperwork and complexities to watch for in the forgiveness process.
- Jayne Sebright, Center for Dairy Excellence. Sebright will provide an update on the Pennsylvania Dairy CARES Program through the PA Department of Agriculture. She will answer questions about the payment process for the second round of payments.
To ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible, questions must be submitted in advance of the call. Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit questions for panelists or email email@example.com.
Learn more about how to join the conference call:
- Date: Tuesday, October 6 from 12 to 1 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Dial (978) 990-5000 via free conference call.
- Enter Access Code 553371, followed by the # sign, when prompted.
- You will automatically be entered into the conference call. You will automatically be muted when you join.
- How to submit questions in advance: Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit your questions to the question line or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the dairy industry works to navigate COVID-19, the Center for Dairy Excellence has resources available for dairy farms. Visit centerfordairyexcellence.org/covid-19 to access these resources and find recordings of previous industry conference calls.