Panelists Will Answer Questions About Recent Dean Foods Claims Against PA Dairy Farmers
On Thursday, December 10 from 12-1 p.m., the Center for Dairy Excellence will host a Dairy Industry Conference Call to address the recent payment requests sent to approximately 100 Pennsylvania dairy farmers from the Dean Foods Estate trustee. Panelists from the Pennsylvania Milk Marketing Board will provide time-sensitive updates on how dairy farmers should address these claims, share how they are working to protect farmers, and answer real-time questions submitted during the call.
Panelists from the USDA will also provide important updates about deadlines for the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program Round Two (CFAP2) direct payments and Dairy Margin Coverage (DMC) program and how dairy farmers should submit applications with Farm Service Agency offices being closed.
The following panelists will join the conference call on December 10:
- Rob Barley and Doug Eberly, Pennsylvania Milk Marketing Board. Barley and Eberly will provide updates on the Dean Foods bankruptcy and how dairy farmers should navigate any recent requests they have received for payments.
- Cynthia Walters, Pennsylvania Dairy Program Director, USDA. Walters will answer questions about CFAP Round 2, DMC, and the upcoming December deadlines. She will also share how dairy producers can submit applications for direct payments even with FSA offices being closed for in-person appointments.
To ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible, questions must be submitted in advance of the call. Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit questions for panelists or email email@example.com.
Learn more about how to join the conference call:
- Date: Thursday, December 10 from 12 to 1 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Dial (978) 990-5000 via free conference call.
- Enter Access Code 553371, followed by the # sign, when prompted.
- You will automatically be entered into the conference call. You will automatically be muted when you join.
- How to submit questions in advance: Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit your questions to the question line or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the dairy industry works to navigate COVID-19, the Center for Dairy Excellence has resources available for dairy farms. Visit centerfordairyexcellence.org/covid-19 to access these resources and find recordings of previous industry conference calls.