Grants Are Available for Costs Associated with Personal Protection Equipment and Social Distancing Measures
The Center for Dairy Excellence has grants available to reimburse costs associated with COVID-19 personal protection equipment and social distancing measures. The grants are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to Pennsylvania dairy processors, milk hauling companies, and dairy farms. Applications must be submitted online by June 15, 2020.
“The dairy industry has worked together over the past few months to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19,” said Jayne Sebright, Executive Director at the Center for Dairy Excellence. “To encourage continued implementation of social distancing measures across the industry and help ease financial strains on dairy businesses, the Center has grants available to assist with the costs associated with COVID-19 preventative tools, sanitation materials, social distancing training materials, and more.”
The grant must be used for personal protection equipment costs or social distancing signage purchased between March 1 and June 15, 2020.
Purchases that are eligible for reimbursement through the grant program include:
- Bilingual training materials on social distancing and hand-washing
- Printing costs associated with posters and other signage related to COVID-19 measures
- COVID-19 preventative and surveillance tools, such as thermometers
- Sanitation and cleaning materials, such as hand sanitizer and cleaning products
- PPE equipment, including masks, coveralls, gloves, and face shields, or costs associated with supplies to make PPE equipment, such as masks
The following grants are available:
- Up to $1,000 for individual dairy farms
- Up to $2,000 for milk hauling companies
- Up to $4,000 for commercial dairy processors procuring milk from three or more farms
Grants are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with limited amounts available. Applications must be received by June 15, 2020 or before funds are fully committed. Funding for these grants is made possible through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
After submitting an application, individuals will receive an email within one week regarding the approval of the grant request. A reimbursement form will be provided, and receipts for purchases made between March 1 and June 15 must be submitted by June 30. Grant reimbursement requests will be processed within four weeks of receipt.
Visit www.centerfordairyexcellence.org/covid-grants to apply by June 15. Call Jayne Sebright at 717-346-0849 for more information about the grant program.