Panelists Will Answer Questions About Dairy Checkoff, Dairy Margin Coverage, and CFAP2
On Thursday, November 5 from 12-1 p.m., the Center for Dairy Excellence will host another installment in its Dairy Industry Conference Call series. Each call in the series features different panelists who provide important dairy industry updates and answer real-time questions submitted by dairy professionals amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. On November 5, panelists will answer questions about the Dairy Checkoff Program, Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) Round 2 direct payments, and the Dairy Margin Coverage (DMC) Program.
Participants will learn about the process of applying for and receiving CFAP2 direct payments and what the DMC Program enrollment process looks like for 2021. Dairy farmers will also be able to ask questions about the Dairy Checkoff Program and how the program is impacting farms during these times.
The following panelists will join the conference call on November 5:
- Barbara O’Brien, President, Dairy Management, Inc. O’Brien will answer questions about the Dairy Checkoff Program and how the program is impacting dairy farmers.
- Cynthia Walters, Pennsylvania Dairy Program Director, USDA. Walters will answer questions about CFAP Round 2, direct payment details specific to dairy, sign-up period details, documents needed with applications, eligibility requirements, and how payments are determined.
- Zach Myers, Center for Dairy Excellence. Myers will share updates about the Dairy Margin Coverage (DMC) Program, how to sign up for the program, and important deadlines.
To ensure as many questions can be addressed as possible, questions must be submitted in advance of the call. Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit questions for panelists or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about how to join the conference call:
- Date: Thursday, November 5 from 12 to 1 p.m.
- How to Join:
- Dial (978) 990-5000 via free conference call.
- Enter Access Code 553371, followed by the # sign, when prompted.
- You will automatically be entered into the conference call. You will automatically be muted when you join.
- How to submit questions in advance: Text/call 717-585-0766 to submit your questions to the question line or email email@example.com.
As the dairy industry works to navigate COVID-19, the Center for Dairy Excellence has resources available for dairy farms. Visit centerfordairyexcellence.org/covid-19 to access these resources and find recordings of previous industry conference calls.